Saturday, October 12, 2013

Green Tea Cake




Birthday cake for my mom! I fashioned the green tea cake into a pumpkin shape to celebrate the season.

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 Tbsp matcha powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

How to Make

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix the butter, eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Then mix the all-purpose flour, matcha powder, and baking powder.
4. Pour batter into a prepared cake pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour and let cool before decorating.

How to Decorate

I made a cream cheese frosting for the outer pumpkin layer (orange) using the recipe from 
To get an orange color, add 2 drops of red food coloring per 3 drops yellow food coloring. Keep on adding drops until you reach an orange shade you like.

For the pumpkin stem (green), I used an electric mixer and blended 180 g heavy whipping cream and 20 g sugar on high setting. I added about 10 drops of green food coloring. I placed a cylinder in the middle of the pumpkin so that the frosting was molded into a stem-like shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment