Friday, July 8, 2016

Mascarpone & Cream Cheese Cheesecake


I love making cheesecakes, especially in the style of Junior's New York cheesecake (my favorite!), but this time I wanted to try something new. I wanted to find a new recipe that took less time and fewer ingredients. The recipe I usually use requires heavy whipping cream, which is quite expensive and makes another trip to the store. I adapted this recipe I found from Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mascarpone-cheesecake-with-almond-crust-recipe.html. It's delicious!



Ingredients:

1 packet graham crackers
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted

8 oz (1 package) cream cheese
8 oz mascarpone cheese (1 package of BelGioioso)
.625 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or licor
2 eggs, room temperature

How to Make:

1. Blend graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter for the crust. Shape crust into pan. Bake in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.
2. In a mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
3. Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
4. Once mixture is well blended, add the eggs.
5. Pour mixture into prepared crust pan.
6. For mini cheesecakes, bake in 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Let cool in oven before taking it out and putting it in the refrigerator.




No comments:

Post a Comment