Saturday, May 2, 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes (no butter)


I was so amazed when I found a recipe for vanilla cupcakes that does not require butter at all! The recipe I followed is here: http://natashaskitchen.com/2012/06/29/perfect-vanilla-cupcake-recipe/. I love how I have all the ingredients the recipe requires in my pantry. There is no last minute grocery shopping just for one thing. The light cupcake requires only oil, and it makes you feel good. The cupcakes turned out to have an elastic, bungee-like texture and moist, full of vanilla flavor interior. 



Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk + 1/2 teaspoon vinegar

2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil

How to Make:

1. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil in mixer. 
2. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and milk.
3. Pour into baking cups, halfway full.
4. Bake for 12 minutes in a 350 °F oven.
5. Top with buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment